Sweat & Metabolic Testing
- Are you confused by heart rate training? Did you know that heart rate zones are highly variable and individualized?
- Are you sick of guessing about what you need to fuel or hydrate your workouts?
- Do you know how to be more metabolically efficient?
- Are you ready to manage your weight using evidence-based tools?
Get all the answers you need to train effectively, hydrate properly, manage weight and/or perform your best with our VO2Max testing, sweat testing, lactate threshold testing, body composition testing and more. Our metabolic cart is the best technology on the market used by NASA, the US Army and many prestigious colleges and universities. No other facility in the area (or surrounding states) has our sweat testing technology!
Perform your best, eliminate GI distress, and reduce the risk of heat illness using our state-of-the-art technology!
- Have you suffered from poor performance, or ended up in the medical tent or hospital from dehydration or hyponatremia?
- Are you plagued with cramping, sloshy stomach, nausea, or diarrhea during workouts?
- Are you constantly trying the latest sports drink or electrolyte solution to guess what best fits your needs?
Stop guessing about your hydration plan and get ready to perform your best!
We are proud to be the only facility to offer this extraordinary service. Once reserved only for elite athletes, you now have access to this exclusive testing.
How does sweat testing work?
In this completely painless process, you’ll be asked to do a 40-60 minute workout of your choice in order for us to collect enough sweat. We have a treadmill and a computrainer (road bikes only) at your disposal or your can workout outdoors at the intensity of your choice (unless combined with a VO2 test in our Training Zones, Fueling & Hydration Formula test). After emptying your bladder, you’ll wear a few simple “band-aids” with gauze. At the end of your workout, we’ll remove the bandages and analyze your sweat. No needles involved!
What do I get after the sweat test?
About 2 weeks after the test, you’ll receive a comprehensive handout with your personalized sweat losses (from total fluid, sodium, potassium, and chloride) and hydration recommendations, including a customized sports drink mix (we work with Infinit to create it), as well as any pre-made drinks or electrolytes on the market.
Want fluid, electrolyte and carbohydrate recommendations for your workouts?
By adding our metabolic (VO2 & lactate) testing, you’ll receive hydration and fueling recommendations by booking the Training Zones, Fueling & Hydration Formula.
Do you offer sweat testing for teams, clubs or groups?
Yes, simply contact us to learn more. Our team is available to come to you, no matter where you are in the country to provide comprehensive hydration solutions.
Sweat & Hydration Formula Investment: $199 Book Now!
Add metabolic testing for the most comprehensive solution to your training, fueling and hydration needs:
Training Zones, Fueling & Hydration Formula Investment: $375 Book Now!
Metabolic Testing for Performance & Fueling
Train smarter, get faster, and fuel properly!
Our signature Training Zones & Fueling Formula service uses VO2Max testing, lactate threshold testing, and body fat testing so you can understand how efficiently you burn calories from fat and what heart rate and power (Watts for the bike) or pace (for the run) zones are the most effective for you to improve performance. This is generally done as a graded exercise test (increasing in pace or grade at regular intervals), but can also be done as a steady state test (holding a set pace, which is useful for ironman pacing, for example). The results are provided within 1-2 weeks of testing and include:
- Heart rate and pace zones (aka Training Zones): Using lactate, we determine your zones as pace (for treadmill test) or power (for bike tests). With this, you’ll know the most efficient way to get faster and increase endurance.
- Calorie, carbohydrate and fat burning at each level of intensity (ie substrate use). Why is this important? We want you to be the best “fat burner” possible in order to spare your precious glycogen (carbohydrate) stores to avoid “bonking” or running out of energy. Plus, you’ll walk away with your fueling needs during exercise in order to avoid GI distress and optimize performance. This is also known as the Fueling Formula, since we’ll provide you with the recommended amount of carbohydrates to ingest per hour based on what you can absorb. *This is not included with the lactate threshold only testing.
- Body fat percentage using the ACSM 7-site skinfold test so you can set realistic goals for weight management and ideal racing weight. *This is not included with the lactate threshold only testing, Fueling Zones, or Fueling & Hydration Formula appointments.
- 15 minute consultation with our expert sports nutritionist and coach on how to use your results about 1-2 weeks after your test.
Training Zones & Fueling Formula Investment: $199 Book Now!
Fueling Formula Investment (this is ONLY the calorie, carb and fat burning zones) : $99 Book Now!
Add sweat testing (aka Sweat & Hydration Formula) for the most comprehensive solution to your training, fueling and hydration needs:
Training Zones, Fueling & Hydration Formula Investment: $375 Book Now!
Fueling & Hydration Formula Investment (this is ONLY the calorie, carb and fat burning zones plus the sweat test): $275 Book Now!
Lactate Threshold Only Testing Investment: $99 Book Now!
7-Site Skinfold Body Fat Test Only Investment: $25 Book Now!
Metabolic Testing for Weight Management
Stop guessing how many calories or macronutrients you need in order to achieve your weight management goals!
Using our state-of-the art metabolic cart, we can help you understand how effectively you burn calories, fat and carbohydrates. Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR) testing is offered as a quick, stand-alone service, or included in our signature Weight Loss Formula service.
How is VO2 testing important for weight management?
By measuring the amount of oxygen you consume and carbon dioxide you exhale with our metabolic cart, we’re able to quantify how effective your body is at burning total calories as well as calories from fat and carbohydrates at rest and/or during exercise (walking, running or biking). Using this information, you’ll know your daily calorie needs (no more guessing!) and be able to develop realistic weight management goals.
What is Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR)?
RMR is the amount of energy necessary for your body to function at rest. With this painless test, you’ll learn how effectively your metabolism uses total energy (aka calories), carbohydrates and fat. Instead of trusting apps and general calculations, you’ll know exactly what your metabolism is doing.
This test takes 20-30 minutes wearing a mask in the resting position following a 7-8 hour fast without caffeine, nicotine or strenuous exercise. Immediately following the test, you’ll receive your results and discuss them with your exercise professional. To apply these results to your specific needs, a consultation with our nutritionist is advised.
What’s included in the Weight Loss Formula Service?
Get the tools you need to help you in your weight loss journey!
- Resting Metabolic Rate test that includes total calories, fat and carbohydrates burned at rest.
- Heart rate and fitness zones (without lactate testing) and recommendations on how to burn fat effectively to improve your fitness and reach your goals faster.
- Calorie, carbohydrate and fat burning at each level of intensity so you’ll know how to adjust your macronutrient intake.
- Body fat percentage so you can set realistic goals for weight management.
- 15 minute consultation with our nutritionist and fitness expert on how to use your results about 1 week after your test. To optimize weight management results, it is highly recommended to follow-up with one of our nutrition programs.
This test is included in the initial investment to begin the Health & Fitness Coaching Program.
Weight Loss Formula (RMR, VO2 & Body Fat) Investment: $199 Book Now!
Resting Metabolic Rate (RMR only) Investment: $75 Book Now!
7-Site Skinfold Body Fat Percentage Only Investment: $25 Book Now!