Do you struggle with…
IBS, migraines, diarrhea, heartburn, chronic sinusitis, eczema, bloating, fatigue, or joint pain? Food sensitivities may be to blame.
What is MRT?
MRT, or mediator release testing, is a simple blood test to detect nonallergic food sensitivities, eliminating the guesswork of complicated and restrictive elimination diets.
MRT measures the cumulative reaction of the circulating immune cells after specific foods or chemicals are exposed to a patient’s blood sample. Please note, we currently only test the full 150 profile (including all foods and naturally occurring and added chemicals).
The LEAP Program
Following Mediator Release Testing (MRT), the LEAP (Lifestyle Eating and Performance) program is a simple process of gradually building a healthy and delicious diet from your lowest reactive foods while temporarily eliminating offending foods.
Working with our Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist and Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT), you’ll build your diet in short phases. There are six phases, with each phase lasting about one week. Most patients experience reduced (or eliminated) symptoms within a few days.
Here is a sample of what the results look like. Keep in mind, the computer generates the phases and rotation diet, so it’s important for the RDN/CLT to adjust it according to your needs, preferences, allergies and chemical sensitivities.
How does our LEAP program work?
Once your MRT results are sent to our RDN/CLT, we’ll contact you to set up your 1 hour nutrition session to review the results and get you prepared for starting the diet. There will be a 15 minute phone consultation at the halfway point (around phase 2-3, or 2-3 weeks into the program), then again near the end of the program (around phase 5-6 or week 5-6).
If follow up sessions are necessary, you’ll work with your RDN/CLT to determine when those will occur at our regular rates.
How does our LEAP/MRT program cost?
The blood test, 1 hour nutrition session, and two 15 minute nutrition phone consultations are $549, or two payments of $275.
If you’re ready to relieve your symptoms and build your personalized anti-inflammatory, healing diet using MRT & LEAP, let’s get started!
How do I get started with the LEAP program?
- Contact us or book your FREE Discovery Session to speak with us directly to see if you’re a good candidate.
- Fill out the initial symptom survey. Not only should there be symptoms present, but there needs to be a high level of commitment to getting better, going through the protocol, and communicating with your LEAP therapist. In other words, this program is NOT for everyone.
- Pick up the box with the vials at our office or we’ll have one mailed to you. Fill out this MRT Requisition Form and put it in the box BEFORE you get your blood drawn.
- Schedule an appointment M-F, ideally between 12-4pm with Any Lab Tests Now in Durham or Raleigh to get your blood drawn. There is a small fee with a blood draw. Bring the box with the requisition form and lend your veins! The phlebotomist will put the box into the overnight FedEx package provided and mail it (or you’ll drop it off at your closest FedEx).
- Approximately 7-10 days after you get your blood drawn, our RDN/CLT will contact you to schedule your 1 hour nutrition session.
- Begin the LEAP diet, watch your health transform and get excited about building your personalized healing diet!