Are you ready to feel healthy and energized?
Mediator Release Testing (MRT) may be for you. MRT can be rolled into any of our nutrition programs as an add-on service.
What is MRT?
MRT is a simple blood test to detect nonallergic food sensitivities, eliminating the guesswork of complicated and restrictive elimination diets. Learn more about what food sensitivities are here and how they can cause inflammation here.
MRT measures the cumulative reaction of the circulating immune cells after specific foods or chemicals are exposed to a patient’s blood sample. Please note, we currently only test the full 150 profile (including all foods and naturally occurring and added chemicals).
The LEAP Program
Following Mediator Release Testing (MRT), the LEAP (Lifestyle Eating and Performance) program is a simple process of gradually building a healthy and delicious diet from your lowest reactive foods while temporarily eliminating offending foods.
Working with our Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist and Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT), you’ll build your diet in short phases. There are six phases, with each phase lasting about one week. Most patients experience reduced (or eliminated) symptoms within a few days.
Here is a sample of what the results look like. Keep in mind, the computer generates the phases and rotation diet, so it’s important for the RDN/CLT to adjust it according to your needs, preferences, allergies and chemical sensitivities.
How does the LEAP program work?
If you’d like to transform your health, you can do this as part of any of our nutrition programs.
For the quickest relief, we recommend at least doing the Boot Camp Program, which is three sessions. The first session is 90 minutes long to review your results and health history as well as walk you through the first few phases. We meet again for 30 minutes mid-way through the program (at approximately phase 3) to review your progress and address any challenges. We meet once more for 30 minutes at the end of 6 weeks to guide you through the rotation diet, to reduce the risk of developing new food sensitivities and ensure a good quality diet.
For lasting results, we recommend this as part of the Jump Start Nutrition Program, Sustained Progress Program or Health, Fitness & Nutrition Coaching Program found here.
This service is available in person, via phone or Skype. No matter where you are, we’re excited to guide you through this amazing program!
Book your free consult today to see if this program fits your needs.
How do I get started with the LEAP program?
- Contact us or book your free consult and fill out the initial symptom survey to see if you’re a good candidate. This test is NOT for everyone. Not only should there be symptoms present, but there needs to be a high level of commitment to getting better, going through the protocol, and communicating with your LEAP therapist.
- Pick up the box with the vials at our office, have one mailed to you, or call Any Lab Tests Now to see if the box is available there. You’ll need this MRT Requisition Form filled out before getting your blood draw. Once the draw is complete, you’ll put the form in the box.
- Ask your primary care physician if he or she can draw your blood (ideally between 12pm-4pm). If not, schedule an appointment with Any Lab Tests Now in Durham or Raleigh. There is a small fee with a blood draw. Bring your signed requisition form from your doctor (see step 2) and the box and lend your veins! The phlebotomist will put the box into the overnight FedEx package provided and mail it (or you’ll drop it off at your closest FedEx). Since Oxford Biomedical is out-of-network, please put your requisition form and a check to Oxford Biomedical for $295 in the box or enter your credit card or flex card number on the form. If you prefer us to pay, we’ll send you an invoice for $349. We do NOT offer the test as a stand-alone service. It can only be done with nutrition consulting.
- Wait for the nutritionist to contact you when your results arrive in about 7-10 days. You’ll also fill out some additional paperwork for the most comprehensive, anti-inflammatory personalized healing meal plan.
- Begin the LEAP diet, watch your health transform and get excited about building your personalized healing diet!